Yes. Kids can use their Spend cards to pay for subscriptions and other recurring payments that are not Prohibited Merchant Categories, such as:
- Bars, liquor stores, and drinking places *
- Cigar stores and stands
- Lotteries, including government-owned
- Gambling, racing & casinos
- Dating & Escort Services **
In addition, parents may block travel purchases, including airline tickets, car rentals, hotels, and motels.
To learn more about Family Money security, go to the app and navigate to Overview, then Settings.
There you may read more legal and privacy, go to Family Money Legal & Privacy.
* We block purchases of alcohol-based on Merchant Category Codes (MCC). Bars, taverns, nightclubs, cocktail lounges, and adult nightlife are blocked where the MCC reflects alcohol MCC.
** We block purchases of dating/escort services based on the Merchant Category Code (MCC). Merchants classified with a specific MCC that reflects dating and escort services are blocked.
The Family Money Prepaid Debit Card is issued by Metropolitan Commercial Bank (MCB, Member FDIC) pursuant to a license from Visa® U.S.A Inc.