To set up chores, simply navigate to the Chores section to assign chores for your kid(s).
- Navigate to the Chores tab and click the New chore button
- Use the keyboard or tap + or - to insert the amount
- Select the kid or kids to assign the chore
- Add a unique name for the chore and description. Also, the preset common chore can be selected by tapping on the light bulb icon
- Parents have options to either require approval of the completed chore or pay for the chore without approval. If you want to approve the chore, prior to the money being sent to your child’s Vault (payments for chores can only be made to Vault), enable Requires my approval.
- Then tap Next and then Assign Chore
Kids are notified every time a chore is added to their Your jobs list, so they understand what is expected. Once the chore is completed, the child simply checks it off in the App and their parent is automatically notified. Incomplete chores do not expire.
Children have an option of adding the details of their work or a photograph. Once the chore is completed, the child should tap Send for approval and then select Add photograph if desired.
To approve the completed chore, navigate to the Chores tab and click the Approve & pay the chore in the Pending approval section. To approve and pay multiple chores, click See all in the Pending approval section. Parents can also reject any incomplete chores by clicking Not done, adding a note if desired, and clicking Send back.
In order to view a list of all the approved and paid chores, just tap the timer icon at the top right of the Chores screen.
Recurring Chores are not available at this time in the Family Money App.