When a parent is ready to link an external bank account, they can search for a bank by scrolling through the list of banks or enter the bank’s name manually into a search field under Select your bank.
For instant bank account linking a parent must enter their online banking credentials (user ID and password) used to access their bank account online. If a parent does not have their online banking credentials, they must have the bank name, routing, and account numbers to link a bank account manually.
Follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Overview screen
- Select the Settings icon at the top right corner
- Under Manage my account tap on Linked bank accounts
- Click on the Add new account link
- Click on Agree and continue, then Continue
- Search for the name of the external bank (as described above)
- If No results found, tap on Link with account numbers
- Follow the directions to enter the bank information
Up to 3 bank accounts can be linked to the Family Money App.
If there is an issue with external bank account online login credentials, parents must contact their bank.